IPL 2017 bandwagon is now reaching its zenith. Teams are closely fighting to earn a berth in the playoffs. Three teams Gujarat Lions, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils are already eliminated and Mumbai Indians have already qualified. So there are three slots left and four teams are battling it out to grab a place in IPL 2017 playoffs.
Here is the complete analysis about chances of different teams for a place in playoffs and the IPL points table standing.
Mumbai Indians (Points 18; Win-9; Loss-3; NRR +0.903)
Two time champion Mumbai Indians have already qualified for the playoffs. After playing 12 games, they have accumulated 18 points, by winning 9 and losing 3 of their contests. The latest loss coming against Sunrisers Hyderabad last night. Only the matter of concern for them is whether they finish in top two or not. To ensure a top two finish they have to win at least one of their remaining two games. They will play KXIP and KKR next.
Kolkata Knight Riders (Points 16; Win-8; Loss-5; NRR +0.729)
To qualify directly without any ifs and buts KKR has to win their last league game against the table toppers Mumbai Indians. If they lose their last game they have to hope some results go in their favor.
- Either KXIP loses one of their remaining two matches and if also they win their last two matches their net run rate should be less than KKR.
- Or Rising Pune Supergiant loses both their remaining games and their net run rate is already negative so thats not a threat to KKR as their Net run rate is positive and they will go through the next stage. Only they have to avoid a heavy loss in their last game.
- Or Sunrisers loses their last game then also KKR will qualify.
- Their good net run rate keeps them in a good position to qualify for the playoffs but their last night defeat against KXIP have jolted their hopes of finishing in top two of the points table.
Rising Pune Supergiants(Points 16;Win-8; Loss-4;NRR-0.060)
Rising Pune Supergiants have done well to earn themselves a third spot in the team standings. After winning their first game against Mumbai Indians they lost their plot and lost next three but have recovered well to win 7 of their last 8 matches. They have 8 wins from 12 games. If they win one of their two remaining games they will earn a qualification through the next stage without any if and but. If they lose both their games then will have to hope that any of the SRH or KXIP loses one of their remaining two games. Their negative run rate dents their chances of top two finish as Kolkata and Mumbai are way ahead in this aspect.
Sunrisers Hyderabad (Points 15; Win-7; Loss-5; NRR +0.565)
Sunrisers have 15 points in their kitty with 7 wins and 5 losses and occupy fourth place in the points table. By winning their last league encounter against Mumbai the defending champions have given themselves a sniff to the next round. They have one match remaining against already eliminated Gujarat Lions and if they win it then they are through to the next round. But if they come second in their game against Gujarat then also they can qualify if KXIP loses one of their remaining three games. To finish the leagues’ stages in the top two of points table they have to beat Gujarat Lions and have to hope that Pune and Kolkata lose both their matches left.
Kings XI Punjab (Points 12; Win-6; Loss-6; NRR +0.280)
Their last night win against KKR have kept the hopes alive. To go through the next stage they have to win their remaining two games and have to hope other results go in their favor. They are:
- Either SRH loses their last game and KXIP win all their remaining games.
- Or KKR loses their last game and KXIP ensures net run rate greater than KKR by winning their remaining 2 games.
- Or Rising Pune Supergiant loses both their matches and KXIP win all theirs.
- If Rising Pune Supergiant, Sunrisers Hyderabad, and KKR win their any of the remaining game each then KXIP will be eliminated.
Delhi Daredevils (Points 08;Win-4; Loss-7; NRR -0.660)
Delhi Daredevils have had a below-par tournament. Their young team has shown moment of brilliance and what they are capable of but only in glimpses. They bowed out of the tournament after the defeat of Mumbai against Sunrisers. They have three matches left and will want to end the tournament on a high. They have won 4 and lost 7 from 11 games.
Gujarat Lions (Point 08; Win-4; Loss-8; NRR -0.369)
It was a dismal season for the last year table toppers winning only 4 matches. They were plagued by injuries and unavailability of their key players. They will play for pride and try to end on a positive note what would well be their last IPL appearance.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (Points 05; Win-2; Loss-10; NRR-1.454)
Virat Kohli-led RCB have a forgettable season and will finish the season with a wooden spoon. They will look to win their last encounter to have something to cheer about which has been a sorry year for them.
To receive the latest update, Sports News and Live score Like us on Facebook & Follow us on Twitter.